Lending Mill Inc. (“Lending Mill”, “we”, ”us”, “our”, which terms include all of Lending Mill Inc’s officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and service providers) is committed to protecting your personally identifiable information “Personal Information,” in order to protect your privacy. As part of this commitment, we maintain the Personal Information that we collect, use and disclose from our website users (“you”) in accordance with the values set by the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Privacy legislation in Canada defines “Personal Information” broadly as any information about an identifiable individual. We consider Personal Information to include any information, in any form, about an identified individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information. This includes, but is NOT limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, financial information, background checks, and birth date. In general, personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title or position, business, telephone, email and facsimile number.
Lending Mill is responsible for maintaining and protecting the Personal Information in our possession or control. This includes personal information we receive directly, such as from individual you or other website users, and personal information we receive indirectly from others. We have established policies and procedures with the objective of protecting Personal Information and have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee privacy matters that can be reached at email@example.com.
What Personal Information Do We Collect
The types of Personal Information we may collect about you include your name, and home contact information, phone number, e-mail address, credit card information, financial information, background checks, and birth date. Our collection of your Personal Information will be limited to those details relevant and necessary to providing you with the Service.
We may also collect “Non-Personal Information”. This may include a) business contact information; b) information of an anonymous nature about your online interactions with the Service, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the website; c) aggregate information, which includes information resulting from the combination and/or aggregation of certain data in a way that no longer personally identifies users, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, average time spent on the Website. We may collect this information for the purposes of (i) tailoring content that we may send or show you, (ii) to authenticate you, enable access to information, and otherwise administer the Service, and (iii) for analytical purposes to better understand digital interactions with Lending Mill. This Policy does not apply to the collection, use or disclosure of Non-Personal Information.
Our Purposes for Collecting, Using or Disclosing Personal Information
Lending Mill collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our users with the Service, including for the following purposes:
- establish a commercial relationship with you
- manage your account (including helping you to efficiently access your information after you sign in, remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website)
- provide the Service to you (including providing personalized content and information to you and our service providers, which could include payment processors, online ads or other forms of marketing)
- collect and process payments,
- maintain our customer/visitor lists (including the monitoring metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, impressions, and demographic patterns)
- respond to your inquiries or provide feedback,
- provide you with ongoing client support and customer services,
- identify and authenticate you,
- engage in the development of new services and features, as well as to improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Website (including the diagnosis or remediation of technology issues)
- keep you up to date on our service,
- meet legal and regulatory requirements,
- Such other purposes consistent with objectives of the Service.
- Communications – From time to time, we may send electronic messages (via email or the online messaging function) to users or other individuals to our contact database to keep you up to date on our service or other purposes consistent with the objectives of the service. Each e-mail includes an opt-out feature and instructions on how to unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive future emails from us for these purposes. If you would like to opt out of having your Personal Information used for the online messaging function you can contact the our Privacy Officer.
We engage certain trusted third-party business service providers to perform functions and provide services to us in order to operate the Website and our Service. Examples include third-party service providers who manage mailing information, maintain databases, host services and process payments. We may share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to obligations mirroring the protections of this Policy. These third parties may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- where required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or governmental tribunal
- if we believe that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of an identifiable person or group
- where it is necessary to establish or collect monies owing to us or to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain
- where we believe that a breach of an agreement or contravention of a law has been, or is about to be committed and that it is reasonable to expect that disclosure with the knowledge or consent of the individual would compromise the investigation
- where we believe that fraud is likely to be committed and it is necessary to use the Personal Information to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud, and that it is reasonable to expect that disclosure with the knowledge or consent of the individual would compromise the investigation
- if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect the Website’s rights or property.
- where it is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
You may withdraw your consent to our use or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time. However, withdrawing consent may result in your inability to continue using the Service.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We collect this Usage Information, by using cookies and device identifiers. Cookies, as described above, help your computer “remember” information about your visit. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” A device identifier may be data-stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to your device.
We may use or disclose non-identifiable aggregated usage and statistical information, or otherwise Non-Personal Information, such as your public bio or the number of users who clicked on a particular link, to improve the quality the Service provided or for other purposes that we may deem appropriate.
Limiting Collection, Use and Disclosure
We collect personal information by fair and lawful means and, wherever appropriate, directly from you. Wherever possible, we limit the amount of personal information we collect, use or disclose to that necessary and appropriate for the purposes described herein unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. We do not otherwise sell, trade, barter, exchange, or disclose for consideration any Personal Information that we have collected.
Accuracy of Information
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used. We will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those third-parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to provide you with a high-quality of service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment, this includes using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We endeavor to maintain appropriate physical, procedural, and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities, so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of Personal Information. We further protect Your Personal Information and any financial or payment information by restricting its access to those employees who need to have knowledge of that information in order for us to provide our Services, as determined by us and our service providers.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your account information for the Service. We do not have control over and are not responsible for, Personal Information that users voluntarily disclose about themselves to via the Service, nor for Personal Information that a user may disclose about another user via the Service. Please exercise caution before disclosing Personal Information about yourself to other users through the Service.
Openness About Privacy Practices
Access to Your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the accuracy and completeness of the Personal Information we have collected with respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. You may contact us directly to access Personal information we hold about you. We provide registered users of the Website with tools to access or modify the Personal Information you provided to us and that is associated with your account.
In certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavour to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, we may request additional information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is authorized to do so before granting access or modifying any Personal Information.
We welcome your questions, comments or suggestions about security and privacy. If you have a question about the privacy policies stated on this website, please contact us at via contact form on the Lending Mill Website.
If you have a concern or complaint about privacy, confidentiality or the personal information handling practices of Lending Mill, our employees or service providers, please contact:
208 – 18 Wynford Drive
North York, Ontario
Before Lending Mill is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavour to respond within an appropriate timeframe.
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact the Privacy Commissioner’s Office at https://www.priv.gc.ca (or 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 1H3), who will then serve as a liaison with Lending Mill to resolve your concerns.
Changes to this Policy